Wednesday 17 June 2015

Liguria - Camogli


A few years ago, I went to the Cinque Terre on the Ligurian Coast for the first time and was completely entranced. Well I've made it back to Liguria in Bambi after about four hours drive from Aosta. It's proving harder to find campsites or overnight campervan carparks in Italy, so I booked into a hotel in one of my favourite places, Camogli, for a cheeky night of relative luxury! I have to say though, at 60 euros La Camogliese was very good value for money and I fell asleep to the sound of the waves crashing on the stony beach. There was a big buffet breakfast to set you up for the day too. Hurrah!

Camogli is a beautiful place to stay and there's free parking (and a market) on a Wednesday, which means you can leave the wheels behind for a few hours, stock up with goodies for a picnic,  and take the train to discover the delights of the Cinque Terre. In fact, I might just go and do that now! If you scroll down the photos I took last night, at the bottom you'll find a slightly older shot. This was snapped about 15 years ago when I visited Camogli with some very good friends of mine Geoff and Yolanda. We were guests at the holiday home of another mutual Italian friend whose parents had a wonderful holiday home here with stunning views of the port of Genoa. Seems just like yesterday...... If you're reading this Tomaso, I could do with somewhere to park Bambi!






No comments:

Post a Comment