Wednesday 29 April 2015

Nathalie



I was thrilled to find that there happened to be an exhibition of the work of Nathalie Lété on at La Piscine. As you can see from the photo below, this artist is just my kind of heroine!


Nathalie Lété, who lives in Paris, trained at the Duperré school of art and since graduating has developed a unique body of work that draws on childhood for its inspiration. You'll see the dreams and nightmares of a little girl played out in ceramics, textiles, paper, wood - anything really. I've read so much about this artist in magazines and was really excited to have the chance to see her work close up. She must have a house that's even more crammed with flea-market finds than me!




She now works freelance for some of the best and most creative names in fashion and interiors: Anthropologie, Astier de Villatte, Issey Miyake, Bourjois etc etc. How does she manage to make a living from essentially doing what I do? Collecting lots of stuff from brocantes and being inspired by it?? I'm definitely doing SOMETHING wrong! 


 XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment