Monday 11 May 2015

A sunny day popping up in Brussels


There were lots of curious looks from the crowds on Sunday as the Mobile Makery and I set up across the square from La Frenesie at the busy Jeu de Balle fleamarket in Brussels. What was this rather striking-looking van with the British number plate doing? Pretty simple really...spreading the word about my trip and inviting people to pop in and make a badge from old childrens' books! The idea was to offer a sophisticated arty workshop to creative types - but actually I soon found I was attracting a host of very young children all eager to have a go! Some just wanted to come in and have a quiet moment - which is fine by me!


When I worked in Brussels as a correspondent for the BBC I used to spend most of my spare time (which wasn't much) down at the Jeu de Balle fleamarket. So there was something really important about coming back here in my new incarnation!











And guess what?! I met another Mary Jane as well............!






No comments:

Post a Comment