Thursday 28 May 2015

Macaron making in Paris


My Mobile Makery tour of Europe is as much about trying to make new things as it is about sharing what I already know, so it was wonderful to have a go at the art of making the most perfect macarons. It was less masterchef than I'd hoped - slightly more painting by numbers, but our English tutor was lovely, with just the right balance of salt and sweet in her presentation. If only I'd been allowed to sit down I would have been happier! Three hours is a long haul after 'doing Paris.' We made more macarons than Marie Antoinette could have scoffed in a day. And I've mastered both Italian and French meringue. How's that for a party-trick? Watch out London. It's macarons a-go-go when I get home! Click here for info.



No comments:

Post a Comment