Friday 29 May 2015

On the road - Joinville


For the last few nights I've been in Joinville - a little town of about 5000 people on the way from Reims to Dijon. I'm at the free campervan stop here, which has helped make up for the ridiculous expense of Paris. By the way, did I tell you? I have no loo, no water and no electricity, so heaven knows when I'll next have a shower. Anyhow, wet wipes are a girl's best friend. I'll give you a peek of my domestic life on board The Mobile Makery at a later date, but shall we have some pretty photos first? Yes we shall! I have wifi at this spot as it's a 'halte nautique' for pleasure boats. Lovely little place to refresh my soul somewhat.





Anyone looking to get out of London (yep, people like me) can pick up a des-res like the one below for a song (well, to Londoners anyway). This six bedroomed house, with large garden, renovated in 2000, is on the market for 117,000 euros. Quite amazing eh?! And the town is very lovely - a bit quiet maybe after a while. But hey - all that space!


The kind man in the tourist office circled the brocantes goin on this Sunday in the region, several in fact. Hopefully lots of rich grannies clearing out their attics - stuffed full of treasures. Shall I go? Or should I head off South? Hmm..you tell me!




2 comments:

  1. Hello my favourite European traveller. Be brave and seek adventure.
    Tom of Montrose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tom from Montrose! Maybe I'll manage to squeeze in Hrannies' attics WHILST heading South! Tee hee! Thankyou for reading! Please stay tuned x

      Delete